Sunday 26 December 2010

New Wig.

This is the new wig I made, just for a little practise and I'm still trying to figure out the best way to make them. I did this just before christmas but got a little too busy to post. The wigcap is felt which was fitted specifically to her head. Felt is nice, easy to use and you can make the wigcap as thick or as thin as you need. I then attached the mohair (forest fibers do excellent quality mohair!) starting at the back with superglue. I do NOT advise this, it makes a mess and ends up glueing your fingers to it more that the hair. I'm going to have to source some other type of glue- my dad says he has some very sticky clear glue I can use so I'll tell you of that as and when I do it. But a nice sticky glue that dries clear is the best thing to use... oh and one that is waterproof. Anyway, start with the mohair at the back and then at the sides, the next 'layer' should be at the middle of the back of the head (does that make sence?) then at the front. Allow the glue to dry then wash the hair. I wanted the hair to be wavy so while it was wet I plaited. You can also style it after the hair is dry. Mohair is a bit like human hair, which makes it perfect for the dolls hair.

Oh, and this Barbie is the one I was talking about in a previous post, my inspiration barbie :D Pocahontas.

No comments:

Post a Comment