Saturday 18 December 2010

My Research and Inspirations.

I love to do research, whether it for my own work or college work, I always find something I never knew about for at least 1 artist who I find truly inspirational. This time it was Marina Bychkova. Her work is amazing and almost exactly what I want to do, I think I've actually fallen in love with it. Gwendolyn and Ruby are my favourites and are so beautifully done. But obviously she has been doing what she does for a while and is very good at it, I can only hope in time my work is as skillfully done. I have been following her blog and am awaiting every new doll with anticipation. They truly are amazing and I can't believe I almost missed them completely.
 
Ruby

I've also looked at Aidamaris Roman, but there is something about the dolls that arn't quite right, and I think it might be the glass eyes. I do however, love the way he does the dolls hair and their costumes always have  a lot of lace, I love lace. There were a few others I could mention but frankly the majority of the other dolls either scare me or freak me out- my dad has already requested the bride of chucky doll. I might change it to the bride of Frankenstien, although I don't want to be seen as copying Marina Bychkova. 

I would also like to put in here that another big inspiration for my doll making is a Barbie that I have had since I was six years old, Disney's Pocahontas. Disney has, and always will be, an inspiration to me; it taught me how to draw and for that I will be forever grateful. As a child I hated the blonde, blue eyed Barbies and would always colour in their eyes and hair. Pocahontas had black hair and brown eyes that I never changed, and I loved her dearly. Unfortunately due to age, she is now breaking and I go very careful when handling her. I would put a picture up but right now I am waiting for the wig I made her to dry, then she needs putting back together so maybe I'll post one later.

So there you have it my inspirations for my doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment