Tuesday 11 January 2011

Doll Head Mold - Unfinished

It's been a busy few weeks in the new year for me, new computer, finishing off the doll molds and out and about catching up with friends :D but the most exciting thing I have to show you is the progress on my very last mold - The dolls head. It’s still not finished but I thought you'd like the sneak peak. The eyes are near enough done, the nose needs a slight tweaking and the lips are still bugging me I was going for Marina Bychkova's, Ruby lips... Oh and I haven't done the cheek bones yet... Or the ears...

Oh and I'm back to college tomorow so the progress might start to slow down again...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing photographs of your process! We get a lot of questions from readers who want to see work like yours. If you're interested, we have an interview with Marina Bychkova, as well as with other doll makers. You might also be interested in Ryo Yoshida's book (in Japanese) YOSHIDA STYLE BALL JOINTED DOLL MAKING GUIDE, which uses cellu-clay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole reason fo rme doing this is to share pictures in th hope that they will help. Making a bjd isn't easy and I'm glad you like the idea. I keep reading things of your wbesite, I'm almost attached to it :D

    ReplyDelete